Sunday, June 16, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

Coronavirus: Daily new deaths continue to fall globally

The worldwide deaths from the pandemic rose by 3,263 on Sunday

Update : 15 Jun 2020, 12:31 PM

The number of new coronavirus cases around the world fell again on Saturday, continuing a downward trend.

The worldwide deaths from the pandemic rose by 3,263 on Sunday, bringing total fatalities since the outbreak came to light on December last year to 435,598.

The number of daily deaths fell 22.8% on Sunday compared to Saturday. This marks a fall of 966 compared to the previous day, which saw 4,229 deaths.

The highest daily fatalities so far were reported on April 17, with 8,435 deaths from Covid-19 in a 24-hour period. Saturday’s total deaths decreased by 61.3% from that day.

A week ago, on June 7, the number of new deaths worldwide was 3,385 and a week before that on May 31, it was 3,190.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 3,431,961.

Of the active cases, 3,377,502 (98%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 54,459 (2%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 4,128,318 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 90% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 435,598 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 10% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world.


Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x