Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

Coronavirus: Global daily cases in on the upward trend

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 4,273,808

Update : 01 Jul 2020, 12:18 PM

The world saw a sudden rise in global coronavirus daily cases on June 30. 

According to Worldometers, a total of 1,74,264 new coronavirus cases in the world had been recorded on Tuesday on June 30, 2020, taking the total number of Covid-19 cases to 10,577,756.

The number is 12,694 higher than that of the previous day, which was 1,61,570 and again 9,937 higher than the day before, which was 1,64,327.

A week ago, on June 23, the number of new cases worldwide was 1,64,156 and a week before that on June 16, it was 1,43,919.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 4,273,808.

Of the active cases 4,220,244 (99%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 57,841 (1%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 5,798,973 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 92% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 514,021 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 8% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into an outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.


Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x