Sunday, June 23, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

2 labourers die inhaling toxic gas

Update : 20 May 2014, 11:58 AM

Two labourers have died after inhaling toxic gas of a septic tank in a under-construction building in Chandina upazila of Comilla district on Tuesday afternoon.

The deceased were identified as Kala Chand, 30, of Gouripur upazila in Mymensingh and Jabbar Mia, 35, son of Shona Mia of Chandina upazila.

Witnesses said Kala Chand became unconscious when he went inside the septic tank of an under-construction building of Abdur Rashid, to take out a bamboo poll from it around 1pm.

Later, even Jabbar fainted when he went inside the tank to rescue Kala Chand.

On information, a unit from Chandina Fire Service went to the spot and took the two labourers to upazila health complex where the duty doctor declared them dead.

Chandina upzila health complex duty doctor Moniruzzaman confirmed the Dhaka Tribune that the labourers' death was due to the suffocation caused by the toxic gas.

Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x