Monday, June 24, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

Four of a family burnt in explosion from gas leak in Dhamrai

  • Three of the injured in critical condition
  • Cylinder did not explode
Update : 27 Mar 2024, 05:19 PM

Four members of a family sustained burn injuries during an explosion allegedly triggered by a gas leak at Dhamrai on Wednesday.

They have been admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery.

The incident took place in a flat on the ground floor of the four-storey building in Mokamtola area of ​​Ward No 2 of Dhamrai Municipality at around 3:30pm.

The injured people are Nurul Islam, 55, his wife Sufia Begum, 50, his son Sohag Hossain, 18, and daughter Nishrat Jahan Sathi, 22, an MBBS student.

Nurul Islam suffered 48% burns, Sufia Begum 80%, Sohag Hossain 38% and Nishrat Jahan Sathi 16% burns.

According to Dhamrai Fire Service, there was gas accumulation in the three-room flat due to leakage. 

When she got up to cook in the morning and lit the fire, the fire broke out in their rooms. 

All of them sustained burn injuries. 

Later, they were rescued and sent to a local hospital.

Sohail Rana, in charge of Dhamrai Fire Service Station, said: "I went to the spot after getting the news. However, by then the injured had been taken to the hospital. Initially, it is believed that the accident happened due to the accumulated gas from the leakage. However, the cylinder did not explode.”

Md Tariqul Islam, residential doctor of Dhaka's Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute, said that they are being treated. Three of them are in critical condition.

Dhamrai police station Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Humayun Kabir said: "Almost everything including the furniture inside the house was burnt. The locals rescued them and sent them to the hospital.”

Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x