Saturday, June 15, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

8th grader burnt to death trying to save cows from fire

The fire may have originated from a mosquito coil

Update : 14 Mar 2023, 02:43 PM

An eighth grader was charred to death when a fire broke out in a cowshed at Bagbaria village in Sreepur upazila on Monday night.

The deceased was identified as Miraj Mollah,14, son of Faizar Mollah of Bagbaria village. He was a student of Chargoalpara Secondary School.

Ali Sazzad, deputy assistant director of Magura Fire Service and Civil Defence, said the fire broke out in the cowshed at around 8:30pm and engulfed an adjoining house.

Noticing the fire, Miraj tried to bring out the cows from the cowshed he caught fire and died.

Three goats and a cow were also burnt in the fire. A battery-run van, bicycle and all the furniture of the house were gutted.

On information, firefighters from Sreepur Fire Service and Civil Defence extinguished the blaze.

Later, Upazila Executive Officer Kamlesh Majumder, Assistant Commissioner (Land) Shyamanand Kundu, Project Implementation Officer Kohinur Jahan, Goeshpur Union Parishad Chairman Abdul Halim Mollah visited the victim's family and assured them of full cooperation.

The fire might have originated from a mosquito coil, added the officer.

Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x