Sunday, June 23, 2024


Dhaka Tribune

Three-year-old burnt to death amid sleep

Mother sustain injury while trying to save son

Update : 14 Oct 2022, 07:22 PM

A three-year-old boy was burnt to death while asleep at his grandparent’s home in Narsingdi on Saturday. 

The incident was reported from Raipura Upazila of the districts.

Sajal Hossain, an official of Raipura Fire Service and Civil Defence, confirmed the matter. 

Upon receiving the information, firefighters rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control within 15 minutes but the child could not be saved. 

The fire may have originated from an electrical short-circuit, he added.

The boy’s mother, Masuma Akter, also sustained burn injuries while she tried to rescue her son. 

She was taken to a local private hospital by the firefighters.

Top Brokers


Popular Links