Monday, June 17, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

College student dies after setting herself on fire

The 19-year-old succumbs to injuries she suffered three days ago

Update : 18 Apr 2022, 12:41 PM

A student of Azimpur Girls School and College on Tuesday succumbed to severe burn injuries she had suffered three days ago at her Dhanmondi house.

Ishita Yeasin, 19, died at the ICU of Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute (SHNIBPS) where she was brought on Saturday night with 80% of her body burned, said Dr. Partha Shankar Paal, resident medical officer of the institute.

She reportedly poured kerosene on her body before setting herself on fire, according to the family members.

Ishita was preparing to take the HSC examination this year.


Also Read - Gazipur man tries to burn wife to death over dowry


She lived with her parents along with her two brothers in the Government Laboratory School quarter in the city's Dhanmondi area.

Parents had no idea why their daughter, the eldest of the three siblings, took to this extreme step of taking her own life.

However, Ishita’s uncle Mizanur Rahman, said she might have got upset after her mother beat her younger brother to discipline the siblings about studies. She set herself on fire after the incident, he said.

Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x