Saturday, June 15, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

Coronavirus: 41,331 new cases reported worldwide in a day

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 16,550 lives since its discovery in December 2019

Update : 24 Mar 2020, 09:30 AM

Cases of the ongoing novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic have continued to rise since last week.

According to Worldometers, 41,331 new cases were reported on Saturday taking the total number of Covid-19 cases across the world to 378,781 as of Tuesday.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 260,661.

Of the active case, 250,427, or 95%, were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 12,062, or 5%, have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 102,423 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 16,550 lives since its discovery on December 2019.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

It has created alarm because it is spreading quickly and there are still important unknowns surrounding it, such as its death rate and whether it is able to spread before any symptoms show.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 188 countries and territories around the world and one international conveyance, the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship harboured in Yokohama of Japan.

Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x