Saturday, June 15, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

Coronavirus: 32,433 new cases reported worldwide

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 224,031

Update : 23 Mar 2020, 09:41 AM

Despite countries enforcing lockdowns and other measures to stop the ongoing novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the world continues to witness a steady rise in new cases of infection since last week.

According to Worldometers, 32,433 new cases were reported on Saturday taking the total number of Covid-19 cases across the world to 337,469 on Monday.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 224,031.

Of the active case, 213,478, or 95%, were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 10,553, or 5%, have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 98,884 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 14,655 lives since its discovery on December 2019.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

It has created alarm because it is spreading quickly and there are still important unknowns surrounding it, such as its death rate and whether it is able to spread before any symptoms show.

Till now, coronavirus  or Covid-19 has affected 188 countries and territories around the world and one international conveyance, the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship harboured in Yokohama of Japan.

Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x