Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

Alcaraz withdraws from Barcelona Open with injury

The main draw of the Barcelona Open starts Monday, with the tournament concluding next Sunday

Update : 15 Apr 2024, 10:40 AM

Reigning champion Carlos Alcaraz has pulled out of the Barcelona Open due to a right arm injury that also forced the Spanish world No 3 to miss this week's Monte Carlo Masters, the Association of Tennis Professionals 500 tournament organizers said Sunday.

The 20-year old two-time Grand Slam champion won the tournament in 2022 and 2023.

He has taken one title this year, at Indian Wells last month.

"(He) has suffered from the injury sustained in Monte Carlo, and did not have a good feeling in his training Sunday and, despite having tried until the last moment, he will not be in the Barcelona Open," organizers said on social media platform X.

The main draw of the Barcelona Open starts Monday, with the tournament concluding next Sunday.

Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x