Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

RFL manufactures helmets for the first time in the country

The half face helmet will have a maximum retail price of Tk1,400 and the full face helmet will have a maximum retail price of Tk2,250

Update : 20 Jul 2023, 02:41 PM

RFL, the country's leading business conglomerate, on Thursday launched motorcycle helmet in the market with the aim of delivering high-quality helmets within the purchasing power of people.

RN Paul, managing director of RFL Group, unveiled the cover of "Safemate" branded helmet manufactured for the first time in the country at a hotel in the capital, said a press release.

This helmet is being produced in the factory of Durable Plastic Limited, a sister concern of RFL Group, located in Palash, Narsingdi.

The factory has an annual production capacity of over 120,000 pieces.

Initially, around Tk20 crore has been invested in this factory.

Currently, the annual helmet market in the country is over Tk500 crore.

Almost all helmets used in Bangladesh are imported.

About 60% of imported helmets come from India and the remaining 40 percent come from China.

RN Paul said that helmet is an important accessory  for bikers.

Apart from ensuring safety, it is mandatory for bikers and pillion riders to wear helmet as per the existing laws of the country. For the same reason, the demand for helmets is also rising, he also said.

The helmets available in Bangladesh are almost imported and most of the imported helmets are not of standard quality. Thus, the Safemate helmet is BSTI certified, which is the only one in Bangladesh, he added.

Toukirul Islam, executive director of Durable Plastic Limited, said that the main feature of Safemate helmet is that it is made of advanced ABS shell and PC material.

It has high quality belt and locking system. Moreover, there is an advanced ventilation system to ensure the comfort of the user, he also said.

He also said that there is a plan to export Safemet helmets after meeting the needs of the country.

Some foreign buyers have already visited the factory and expressed their satisfaction with the production system.

Initially two types of helmets will be available in the market.

The half face helmet will have a maximum retail price of Tk1,400 and the full face helmet will have a maximum retail price of Tk2,250.

"Safemate" helmets are available at superstores apart from shops that sell bike accessories and helmets.

Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x