Three people have died 24 hours till 8am Tuesday from measles and measles-like symptoms, while 1,159 new suspected cases have been reported, according to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
Of the deaths one of the deceased was confirmed to have measles, while two others died with measles-like symptoms.
During the same period, 188 confirmed measles cases and 1,159 suspected cases were recorded.
With the latest figures, the total number of deaths linked to measles and related symptoms since March 15 has risen to 223, including 38 confirmed measles deaths and 185 deaths with symptoms, the DGHS said.
The health directorate also said a total of 17,085 suspected measles patients have been admitted to hospitals so far, up from 16,172 on Monday and 15,326 on Sunday.
Meanwhile, 14,105 patients have been discharged from hospitals up to Tuesday, compared to 13,258 on Monday and 12,396 on Sunday.


