Monday, June 24, 2024


Dhaka Tribune

Siddique at court after check-up

Update : 18 Apr 2014, 04:48 AM

BELA Chief Executive Syeda Rizwana Hasan's husband Abu Bakar Siddique, who was abducted by some miscreants, has been taken to the court after medical check-up, in order to give his deposition over his abduction on Friday morning.

Accompanied by his wife and prominent environment lawyer Rizwana, he reached there at 11am. The district police held a press conference to inform the journalists about the incident.

Later, he underwent a medical check-up there. Dr Sheikh Farhad, acting residential medical officer of Narayanganj  Hospital, told the Dhaka Tribune: "He received injuries in his hands, feet and nose as he had been blindfolded and tied up the entire time since the abduction.

He does not need to be admitted at hospital," he added.   

A team of Narayanganj police earlier reached Rizwana’s Central Road residence in the morning and started for Narayanganj along with Siddique around 10:30am.

Earlier on Wednesday, Siddique, the lawyer-entrepreneur, was abducted by some unidentified miscreants on his way back to home from Narayanganj.

Later, the kidnappers of Abu Bakar Siddique released him in the early hours of today, after more than 30 hours of his abduction from Fatulla, Narayanganj.

Siddique was released around the time when a five-member investigation committee was holding a meeting with Siddique’s wife at her Central Road residence.

The abductors released Siddique near the Mirpur Ansar Camp at Mirpur 1 around midnight with his eyes blindfolded and gave him Tk300.

“I could not see anything for some time after opening the blindfold as I had been blindfolded the entire time since the abduction,” Siddique told reporters later at the Dhanmondi police station.

Siddique said he took a rickshaw to Kazipara from where he hired a CNG autorickshaw to go to his Central Road residence. He was stopped by police at the check post near the Kalabagan playground.

When Siddique identified himself he was taken to the Dhanmondi police station. His family was informed of his being found and asked to go to the police station.

“They changed the car after abducting me and after around three or four hours I was taken to a house where I was kept on a higher floor. I slept on the floor in a room there,” Siddique told reporters at the police station.

There was an injury mark on Siddique’s nose caused by the blindfold.

Top Brokers


Popular Links