Sunday, June 23, 2024

Section

বাংলা
Dhaka Tribune

Kitchen fire burns couple, daughter

Update : 08 Mar 2014, 09:03 AM

A couple along with their daughter sustained burn injuries in a fire at their kitchen at the Government Staff Quarters in the capital’s Azimpur.

Injured Salamat Hossain, 48, an office assistant at the Foreign Ministry, his wife Lovely Akhter, 40, and their daughter Lima Akhter, 17, were rushed to the Burnt and Plastic Surgery unit at Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH).

Victim Salamat said the sari of his wife was caught on fire while she had been heating water at a burner.

“The fire caught me when I had tried to put it out and my daughter also sustained injuries when she tried to rescue us,” he said.

He said the incident took place at around 7:00am when they were preparing to go on an official picnic at Gazipur.

According to the DMCH, the condition of the couple has been stated to be critical as Salamat sustained injuries to 30% of his body and his wife at 48% of her body, while their daughter sustained minor injuries.

Top Brokers

About

Popular Links

x