• Wednesday, Jul 08, 2020
  • Last Update : 08:11 pm

Coronavirus: Global daily deaths fall after rise

  • Published at 12:40 pm May 31st, 2020
coronavirus disease (Covid-19) outbreak, Hubei province, China
Residents wearing face masks queue for nucleic acid testings in Wuhan, the Chinese city hit hardest by the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) outbreak, Hubei province, China May 16, 2020 Reuters

The number of daily deaths fell by almost 16.2% on Saturday compared to Friday

The world witnessed a slight decline in the number of new daily deaths from the coronavirus.

The worldwide deaths from the pandemic rose by 4,084 on Saturday, bringing total fatalities since the outbreak came to light in December last year to 371,006, according to Worldometer.

The number of daily deaths fell by almost 16.2% on Saturday compared to Friday. This marks a fall of 789 compared to the previous day (Friday), which saw 4,873 deaths.

The highest daily fatalities so far was reported on April 17, with 8,429 deaths in a 24-hour period and on Saturday, the total deaths decreased by 51.5% from that day.

A week ago, on May 23, the number of new deaths worldwide stood at 4,180 and a week before that on May 16, it was 4,360.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 3,051,128.

Of the active cases, 2,997,668 (98%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 53,460 (2%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 2,738,295 people from across the world have fully recovered from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 88% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has infected 6,160,429 people since its discovery in December 2019.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.

52
52
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail