• Thursday, Jul 02, 2020
  • Last Update : 12:56 pm

Coronavirus: Global daily deaths on the rise

  • Published at 02:57 pm May 30th, 2020
italy coronavirus death
File photo: Coffins of people who have died from coronavirus are seen in the church of the Serravalle Scrivia cemetery, Italy on March 23 Reuters

A total of 367,116 people has died so far from the coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak as of May 30, 2020

The world faces a gradual increase in the number of new daily deaths from the coronavirus for three consecutive days.

Daily death toll around the world from the coronavirus rose to 4,873 on Friday, taking the total number of deaths to 366,422. It is 261 higher than that of the previous day, which was 4,612.

A week ago, on May 22, the number of new deaths worldwide was 5,257 and a week before that on May 15, it was 5,079.

According to Worldometers, a total of 367,116 people has died so far from the coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak as of May 30, 2020. There are currently 6,045,653 confirmed cases in 213 countries and regions.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 3,003,852.

Of the active cases 2,953,343 (98%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 53,754 (2%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 2,671,440 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 88% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 367,116 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 12% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.

blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail