• Monday, Jun 01, 2020
  • Last Update : 02:48 pm

Coronavirus: Global daily cases witness slight upward trend

  • Published at 09:51 am May 9th, 2020
Spain-coronavirus
People exercise along an esplanade in Barcelona, for the first time since the beginning of a national lockdown to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 disease on May 2, 2020 AFP

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 2,351,455

The world has witnessed a slight increase in the coronavirus daily cases for the fifth consecutive day since May 4.

According to worldometer, a total of 97,128 new coronavirus cases across the world were recorded on Friday, taking the total number of Covid-19 cases to 4,012,857.

The number is 867 higher than that of the previous day, which was 96,261 and 1,803 higher than the day before, which was 95,325.

A week ago, on May 1, the number of new cases worldwide was 94,550 and a week before that on April 24, it was 101,884. 

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 2,351,455.

Of the active cases, 2,302,756 (98%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 48,699 (2%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 1,385,186 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which is 83% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 276,216 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which is 17% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 212 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.

53
52
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail