• Tuesday, Jun 02, 2020
  • Last Update : 12:27 am

Coronavirus: Daily new cases hit new high of 82,929

  • Published at 09:45 am April 4th, 2020
China-Wuhan-Covid-19-coronavirus
File Photo: Volunteers in protective suits disinfect a shopping complex in Wuhan, Hubei province, the epicentre of China's Covid-19 outbreak, March 31, 2020 Reuters

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 810,371

Cases of the ongoing novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic have continued to rise since last week and have reached a million now.

According to worldometer, 82,929 new cases were reported on Friday taking the total number of Covid-19 cases across the world to 1,098,456.

The number is 3,065 higher than that of the previous day, which was 79,864.

A week ago, on March 28, the number of new cases worldwide was 66,761 and a week before that on March 21 it was 29,429.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 810,371.

Of the active case 770,980 (95%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 39,391 (5%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 228,923 (79%) people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 59,160 lives since its discovery in December 2019.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into an outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, Covid-19, a disease caused by a new strain of coronavirus, has affected 205 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances -- the Diamond Princess cruise ship harboured in Yokohama, Japan, and the Holland America's MS Zaandam cruise ship.

60
57
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail