• Saturday, May 30, 2020
  • Last Update : 08:39 pm

Coronavirus: 3,517 new deaths reported, up from 3,271 the day before

  • Published at 10:57 am March 29th, 2020
coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in an intensive care unit at the Oglio Po hospital in Cremona, Italy
File photo: A medical worker wearing a protective mask and suit treats a patient suffering from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in an intensive care unit at the Oglio Po hospital in Cremona, Italy March 19, 2020 Reuters

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 490,684

Despite countries enforcing lockdowns and other measures to stop the ongoing novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the world has witnessed an upward trend of new deaths from the deadly infection.

According to worldometers, 3,517 new coronavirus deaths were recorded on Saturday, taking the total number of deaths from Covid-19 across the world to 30,880 on Sunday.

On Friday, 3,271 deaths from Covid-19 infection were reported across the world.

A week ago, on March 22, the number of new deaths worldwide was 1,629 and a week before that on March 15, it was 687.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 490,684.

Of the active case 465,477 (95%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 25,207 (5%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 142,184 (82%) people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 30,880 lives since its discovery in December 2019.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 199 countries and territories around the world.

blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail