• Tuesday, Jun 02, 2020
  • Last Update : 04:38 pm

Coronavirus: 1,875 new deaths reported worldwide in a day

  • Published at 09:38 am March 24th, 2020
italy coronavirus death
File photo: Coffins of people who have died from coronavirus are seen in the church of the Serravalle Scrivia cemetery, Italy on March 23 Reuters

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 260,661

Despite countries enforcing lockdown and other measures to stop the ongoing novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the world has witnessed new deaths from the deadly infection.

According to worldometers, 1,875 new coronavirus deaths were recorded on Saturday taking the total number of deaths from Covid-19 across the world to 16,550 as of Tuesday.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 260,661.

Of the active cases, 250,427, or 95%, were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 12,062, or 5%, have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 102,423 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

It has created alarm because it is spreading quickly and there are still important unknowns surrounding it, such as its death rate and whether it is able to spread before any symptoms show.

As of Sunday, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 188 countries and territories around the world and one international conveyance, the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship harboured in Yokohama of Japan.

58
56
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail