• Tuesday, Nov 20, 2018
  • Last Update : 05:52 pm

Armed police carry out fresh raid in Manchester amid report of explosion

  • Published at 12:52 am May 29th, 2017
  • Last updated at 12:54 am May 29th, 2017
Armed police carry out fresh raid in Manchester amid report of explosion
Screams and an explosion were heard as armed police raided another property in Manchester following Monday’s suicide bomb attack on Manchester Arena, the Guardian reports. Residents reported hearing explosions near Quantock Close and Selworth Road in Moss Side shortly before 2pm on Sunday. Dogs have been seen at the scene and police have closed off roads in the area. It came nearly a week after the attack at Manchester Arena, which killed 22 people. Shortly after the raid, police released a statement saying they had also arrested a 25-year-old man in the Old Trafford area on suspicion of offences contrary to the Terrorism Act. Fourteen people have now been arrested in connection with the investigation, of whom two have since been released without charge. Twelve men remain in custody for questioning. Stephen Cawley, who lives on the street, said his Libyan neighbours’ children had been taken away by the police. Two brothers, believed to be aged about 19 and 15, were taken from the Sadigh household following the raid. The eldest son, aged about 20, was forced to the ground and had a gun pointed to his head but was later released, neighbours said.