Sumaiya Begum, another victim of the explosion caused by gas leak at a flat in Uttara, has died at Mohammadpur City Hospital in the capital.
Sumaiya succumbed to her injuries around 3:15pm Sunday, said duty doctor Rashed Mahmud.
On February 27, Sumaiya’s husband Shahnewaz also succumbed to his burn injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Shahnewaz was an employee at the US Embassy in Dhaka.
On February 26, Sharleen and Zayan died of their injuries, hours after they were admitted to the burn unit of DMCH with 88% and 74% burns respectively.
Shahnewaz, his wife Sumaiya, 38, and their sons Sharleen, 15, Zarif, 9, and 14-month-old Zayan received burns in the incident that took place on February 26.