• Thursday, Jun 21, 2018
  • Last Update : 10:54 am

Man dies of smoke inhalation

  • Published at 07:25 pm January 5th, 2016

A septuagenarian man died of smoke inhalation and three others were injured as a fire broke out at a flat of a six-storied building in Sugandha residential area in Chittagong city.

The man, Abu Taher, 78, died while he was undergoing treatment at Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) in the early hours of yesterday, said Nayek Hamidur Rahman of CMCH police outpost.

Sources at Chittagong Fire Service and Civil Defence Headquarters in Agrabad said the fire had ignited from an electric short circuit on the second floor of a six-storied building located at Sugandha residential area under Panchlaish police station around 11pm on Monday night.