Students will not get the opportunity to appear twice in the admission examinations of Rajshahi University from the 2016-17 academic session.
The authority of Rajshahi University has taken decision at an academic council on Saturday afternoon with Vice-Chancellor (VC) Professor Muhammad Mizanuddin in the chair.
Rajshahi University Registrar Entajul Haque told the Dhaka Tribune about the decision.
The decision came in a time when the university saw a mass irregularities and illegal involvement of students in second time intake tests, he said.
Earlier on October 14, 2015, Dhaka University authorities had decided not to allow the admission seekers to sit for the admission tests for second time aiming to reduce unequal competitions.
A total of 36 admission seekers and their guardians later filed a writ challenging the decision. They had filed a leave-to-appeal plea with the court to allow HSC graduates of the last two years to try their luck in the university’s entry exams.
Following a primary hearing on March 16 on the writ petition, the High Court had issued a ruling asking why the new decision should not be declared illegal and why the previous system should not be reinstalled.
On July 8, the High Court issued ruling in DU’s favour, and the petitioners moved the chamber judge challenging the ruling on July 29, who forwarded it to a regular bench for hearing.