A fire broke out at a steel re-rolling mill in Chittagong’s Maijjartek area yesterday morning.
No causality was reported in the incident.
Assistant Director of Agrabad Fire Service and Civil Defense Md Yahiya said the fire had originated from an electric short circuit at the Ehsan Steel Re-Rolling Mills around 7:30am.
Two units of fire fighters from Lama Bazar Fire Station doused the flame after two and half hours of frantic efforts, he said.
Fire service officials estimated that the loss caused by the fire worth Tk1.15 crore.