• Thursday, Nov 15, 2018
  • Last Update : 01:38 am

60 sued for attacking ETV journo Nadia

  • Published at 05:43 am April 12th, 2013
60 sued for attacking ETV journo Nadia

Some 60 activists of Hefazat-e-Islam were sued for their alleged involvement in attacking Ekushey Television reporter Nadia Sharmin.

Confirming the matter to Dhaka Tribune, Shahbagh thana SI Anarul Islam said SI Ikftekharul Alam filed the case with the thana on Thursday night.

He said that some 50 to 60 unnamed activists of Hefazat-e-Islam were sued under section 11 of penal code and section 10 of the women and child repression prevention act.

The case statement stated that the assailants hurled her with brickbats and water bottles, leaving her injured.

Earlier on April 6, Hefazat activists allegedly attacked several media crew, including the ETV journalist, during their rally in the city’s Motijheel area.

Nadia was rushed to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital for treatment and later moved to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University hospital.

She was released on Thursday.