• Tuesday, May 21, 2019
  • Last Update : 01:14 pm

Chelsea to hold Costa talks at end of season

  • Published at 07:02 pm February 18th, 2017
Chelsea to hold Costa talks at end of season
Last month saw Costa, Premier League leaders Chelsea's leading scorer this season with 15 goals, linked to a lucrative move to the cash-rich Chinese Super League. Nothing, however, came of the reported interest and now there are suggestions that Costa, whose current contract has more than two years to run, could extend his time with the Blues by signing a new deal. Chelsea manager Conte said he was unaware of any contract discussions, adding he expected everything to be sorted out once the current campaign was over. "I don't know about this situation," said Conte. "I think now it's very important to be focused on the present and not to look so far forward. At the end of the season we will see the situation." Conte, asked if he was confident that 28-year-old Spain striker Costa would still be at Stamford Bridge next season, replied: "Yes, I'm confident. I repeat: now it's important to keep the great concentration for the present. "The present is tomorrow's game against Wolverhampton. We must go in the next round, added Conte, who is set to rest David Luiz and Marcus Alonso. Meanwhile Conte has challenged his side, eight points clear at the top of English football, to emulate the Chelsea team of 2009/10 by completing a Premier League and FA Cup double. "Usually I like to win and I like to try to win with my team, every competition in every season," the Italian manager said. "We must have this winning mentality. When you are Chelsea's coach or you are a Chelsea player, you must have this ambition to try to win every competition that you play.