Bangladesh tour of Pakistan came in jeopardy as media reported schools in Sindh directed to remain close till March 13 over rising concern of COVID-19 victims
Bangladesh Cricket Board [BCB] will think before sending national team to tour Pakistan in April given the rise of concern with coronavirus in the country. The third phase of the three-part Bangladesh tour of Pakistan came in jeopardy as media reported schools in Sindh directed to remain close till March 13 over rising concern of COVID-19 victims.
As per reports this move from Pakistan government was to make certain that the infected ones are taken into isolation after a second case of infection was confirm recently. Till date Pakistan has confirmed four cases, two in Karachi and the other two in the capital Islamabad.
BCB media committee chairman Jalal Younus told the media the board will communicate Pakistan Cricket Board to learn the situation and avoid the scheduled tour in case there is a threat.
‘’For us players safety comes as our first priority and we are not going to compromise with it at any cost,’’ BCB media committee chairman Jalal Yunus told Cricbuzz on Tuesday.
‘’We will talk with PCB in this regard and if we see that there is any threat than certainly we will not send our team to Pakistan but at the moment it is too early to make a decision in this regard as we still have time in our hand,’’ he said.
Bangladesh are scheduled to travel to Karachi on first week of April for an one-off ODI and second Test of the series. Bangladesh in the first two parts of the tour – in January and February – played a three-match T20I series and a Test respectively.
Pakistan has revealed of four cases of coronavirus so far. Three of the four victims of the virus had travelled to Iran recently – a country that has recorded the most number of infected cases alongside South Korea and Italy. The outbreak had begun in China in December.