De Kock, who was fined 25 percent of his match fee and given one demerit point for his part, has remained silent on the issue but the South Africa camp has accused Warner of making personal comments about their own players. Although held back by four different team mates during his verbal attack on De Kock, Warner said he did not intend to get physical with him. "I would have liked him to actually say the comment a little bit louder instead of just muttering it under his breath next to me and (wicketkeeper) Tim Paine and then walking up the stairs and saying 'I didn't say anything' as soon as the rest of his team came out," Warner said. "At the end of the day, we're all men and if you're going to say something you look at someone in the eye and say it."
David Warner goes in depth on the incident with Proteas gloveman Quinton de Kock as @samuelfez, Callum Kanoniuk and Andre 'The Doc' Mauger preview the second Test in Port Elizabeth #SAvAUS https://t.co/0jgAXMnWA4— cricket.com.au (@CricketAus) March 8, 2018
Leaving aside the Durban furore, Warner said his on-field conduct had been "fantastic" over the last 18-24 months. "I play with aggression on the field and I try not to cross that line and it has been in the past that I have sort of been fiery," he said. Australia lead the four-match series 1-0 after victory in Durban. The second test starts on Friday at St George's Park in Port Elizabeth.
“They are saying they didn’t cross the line, but where is the line? So you were saying stuff, but ‘oh no, we didn’t cross the line, we got very close to the line but didn’t cross the line.’ Whose line is it?” - Ottis Gibson #ProteaFire #SAvAUS pic.twitter.com/ijVzoSQSNf— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) March 7, 2018