• Thursday, Jan 23, 2020
  • Last Update : 04:04 pm

Mashrafe: Two NOCs per year not a problem

  • Published at 10:13 pm November 15th, 2017
Mashrafe: Two NOCs per year not a problem
Bangladesh ODI captain Mashrafe bin Mortaza said the BCB’s decision to grant two No Objection Certificates per year to players for the overseas T20 leagues is not a big problem. The BCB recently announced that its contracted players will receive only two NOCs per year to play in the foreign leagues, informed the board's CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury. Mashrafe informed that the players always put the national team as their first priority so it's not a big deal for them.

Also read: BCB to allow players two NOCs per year


“First of all, whoever played for Bangladesh in their life, he will always dream of playing for Bangladesh again and again. I don’t think two NOCs per year is a major issue. Also, you have to consider how many Bangladeshi players are playing outside. Maybe Shakib [al Hasan] is playing. Or you can say Shakib, Mustafizur [Rahman] are playing in the IPL (Indian Premier League). I don’t think it’s a major problem. I also don’t know the actual decision yet. All of us want to play for Bangladesh first. So it's not a big deal,” Mashrafe said during the practice session of Rangpur Riders at Mirpur Academy Ground Wednesday. The move will mostly affect Shakib, Bangladesh’s busiest cricketer, who has been playing in the IPL, Big Bash League, Pakistan Super League and the Caribbean Premier League for several years. The likes of Tamim Iqbal, Mustafizur and Mahmudullah have also started to steadily feature in T20 leagues other than the IPL. Tamim, Shakib and Mustafizur have been picked to play in a T10 competition next month.

Also read: Tamim returns to Peshawar, Lahore pick Mustafiz


Recently Shakib demanded a six-month break from the Test cricket just before Bangladesh's tour of South Africa. Eventually, the BCB granted his break but for only two Test matches, played against the Proteas last month. Bangladesh’s contracted players have been informed of the decision – which comes into effect immediately – through a letter that detailed the new restrictions. The leagues included in the restrictions are of all formats, while the board made it mandatory for players to participate in Bangladesh’s first-class tournaments.