Cricket Australia informed the Bangladesh Cricket Board that they would like to play all the matches at one venue
Australia’s tour of Bangladesh for a five-match T20 series in July-August this year is on track, informed Bangladesh Cricket Board CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury.
Concerns over the tour were raised after Cricket Australia declared their squad for the tour of the West Indies and Bangladesh for white-ball cricket Wednesday.
CA though shared a comprehensive schedule in the announcement in relation to the tour of the West Indies, where the tour of Bangladesh was mentioned as "Five-match T20 tour of Bangladesh is yet to be confirmed. Tours are subject to agreement on bio-security arrangements and relevant government approvals."
Nizamuddin claimed CA is very much right in having the tour of Bangladesh as a matter of subject at the moment, given that BCB and CA are yet to reach a final decision.
“There is always a final confirmation between two boards ahead of a bilateral series. They are very right in saying the series is still being subject to. Terms for the series are yet to be confirmed by the two boards, BCB and CA. We are still working on the conditions for the series. I would like to mention that the terms are not impossible to comply with,” said Nizamuddin to the media at Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium Wednesday.
As per reports one of the major terms raised by CA was of BCB’s intention to spread the five-match T20 series in two venues – Dhaka and Chittagong.
CA informed the BCB that they would like to play all the matches at one venue.
“We will work on it [the terms] in the coming days. So far we already spoke to the relevant ministry authorities and hotel management. We are still waiting for a formal confirmation, but these are things which are not impossible. There are challenges but we are working on it,” said Nizamuddin.