• Saturday, Mar 28, 2020
  • Last Update : 04:57 pm

FA charges Bernardo over Mendy tweet

  • Published at 11:20 pm October 2nd, 2019
Bernardo
Bernardo Silva

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola had said last month that it would be a mistake for the FA to punish Bernardo Silva over the tweet while his teammate Raheem Sterling also backed him

Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association over a Twitter post concerning team mate Benjamin Mendy last month.

Portugal's Bernardo came under fire from anti-racism body Kick It Out after posting a message on Sept. 22 comparing Mendy to a character used in the logo for Conguitos, a confectionary brand popular in Spain and Portugal, before deleting it.

City manager Pep Guardiola had said last month that it would be a mistake for the FA to punish Bernardo over the tweet while his teammate Raheem Sterling also backed him.