• Tuesday, Sep 25, 2018
  • Last Update : 04:57 pm

YouTube contemplates consequences for Logan Paul's controversial dead body video

  • Published at 09:57 pm January 10th, 2018
  • Last updated at 09:57 pm January 10th, 2018
YouTube contemplates consequences for Logan Paul's controversial dead body video
YouTube has finally responded to the controversial Logan Paul video posted on new year's eve, where the social media star filmed a dead-body in Suicide Forest in Japan. A recent tweet by YouTube said that the company is considering further consequences for the millionaire star. The first in the series of tweets regarding the issue says: “An open letter to our community: Many of you have been frustrated with our lack of communication recently. You’re right to be. You deserve to know what's going on.” “Like many others, we were upset by the video that was shared last week.” “Suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving force for views. As Anna Akana put it perfectly: 'That body was a person someone loved. You do not walk into a suicide forest with a camera and claim mental health awareness',” read the second tweet posted on January 9. "We expect more of the creators who build their community on @YouTube, as we’re sure you do too. The channel violated our community guidelines, we acted accordingly, and we are looking at further consequences," YouTube wrote breaking its questioned silence on the long-debated issue. Earlier, the video titled "We found a dead body in the Japanese Suicide Forest…" by the 22-year-old YouTube content creator featured the corpse of an apparent suicide victim in Japan's Aokigahara forest also known as the “Sea of Trees.” The video went instantly viral resulting in a huge public outcry throughout the world. Before Paul had deleted the video, it was viewed more than six million times, which was followed by a Change.org petition. Hundreds of thousands of people from around the world signed the petition calling for a deletion of Paul's YouTube channel. Renowned celebrities, including actors Aaron Paul and Sophie Turner, have publicly denounced Logan Paul. Following the huge backlash from netizens, Paul released an apology video on YouTube and Twitter, tagging his video as "a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement." He also confirmed that he will refrain from making any video content until further notice.