It’s about what’s new in the game of fashion and what you should already have to keep the summer style going no matter which occasion it’s for. We’ve got them all here, so take notes and get active. But before you go on, remember that these items are a referencing point. You may not want to get your hands on these exact items but do make the effort to add similar products as they lead the pack in this season’s must haves.
[gallery columns="2" size="medium" ids="73652,73654"]
• Comme Des Garçons Parfums – The Amazingreen Eau De Parfum has beautiful, fresh notes of Palm Tree Leaves and Green Pepper with Orris Roots, coriander seeds and Silex. This scent gives off a rich and smoky base of Gunpowder Accord and White Musk, which will contribute to the longevity of the scent. The 50ml bottle will cost you roughly around Tk6,500. Depending on where you get it, the bottle might cost a little higher than the direct currency conversation.
• Tom Ford – Black Orchid Eau de Toilette is the epitome of evening sophistication. There are many fragrances out there that blur the line between masculine and feminine, and this has a unique take on the category. This bottle is filled with robust notes of Orchid, Patchouli, Bergamot and Black Plum. The heavy hitters are balanced by hints of spice, wood and fruit, in order to blend in well with your natural skin’s odour. The 50ml bottle may run you up to Tk5,500 and higher.
• Round-frame acetate sunglasses are in form right now. The funky take on vintage shades like the Wayfarer and Aviator has been in trend for quite some time. A closer look shows that the newest shapes possess a browbar on top, adding more character to sleek frames. And even though this particular shape doesn’t strike your fancy, you’ll still manage to find the browbar in other sunglasses like the Aviator.
• Light-coloured frames are all about the summer wardrobe. While the darker shades of frames and dark tints aren’t going anywhere, the introduction of lighter colours are going to be as versatile as any other staple to a man’s wardrobe. It’s all about summer with these lighter sunglasses and absolutely appropriate for almost any of this season’s outifts.
[gallery size="medium" columns="2" ids="73656,73657"]
• Espadrilles are the definition of the ultimate summer closed-toe shoes you’ll have in your wardrobe. It’s not as lazy as sandals and not too stuffy or out-of-your-league lace-ups. It’s all about that easy-breezy, comfortable wear. The breathing space for your feet is perfect with this style of shoes. With that said, these are also no-socks kicks so make sure your feet have been taken care of before you slide them in. There are always no-show socks but that defeats the entire purpose of Espadrilles.
• Classic suede sneakers are the go-to sophisticated choice for sneakers. The low-top suave kicks are a perfect bridge between super casual to semi-formal wear. While they might be a little tricky to take care of when you’re wearing them, because they are suede, it defines the classy take on summer.
[gallery columns="2" size="medium" ids="73659,73660"]
• Slim-fit linen shirt is almost a no-brainer. The summer, no matter what you decide to wear, has to be light and comfortable. Lighter fabrics, like linen, are absolutely essential. Like some of the other items on this list, you’ll have more choices of linen in stores like Noir. The collar styles may differ but these shirts will only improve your summer look. Be it in a casual manner with chinos or shorts, a more sophisticated look in a suit, these are both comfortable and fashionable for any body type.
• Cotton or linen white shorts are the classiest shorts you’ll have in your closet. While they may not be as versatile as other items, the weekend screams for a pair of slim-fit shorts in shades closer to off-white or cream. Just make sure the length of the shorts falls just above your knees, and more importantly, feel comfortable around your waist.