Kebab recipes to try this festive season
No Eid visit is complete without some delicious kebabs being served to the guests. These meaty delicacies are also welcome additions to the table during iftar dawats. Here are two quick and easy recipes that are sure to be a hit this season.
1. In a bowl, combine minced meat with all ingredients except for the oil and mix well. Knead with hands for about five to 10 minutes. (It is very important to knead it because the papaya must be mixed well in order to make the kebabs soft.) Set aside for two hours.
2. Knead once again. Take a small portion of the mixture in hands and put on a barbecue skewer. These kebabs can also be roasted directly on flame for a minute and later fried with a little oil in a frying pan.
Note: For smearing extra oil on the kebabs, tie a small piece of muslin to a stick, dip it in the oil and spread on the kebabs.
1. Preheat the oven at 180-degree Celsius. Place chicken pieces in a bowl.
2. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, nutmeg powder, green cardamom powder, black pepper, salt and lemon juice. Mash the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese, add corn flour and mix well.
3. Add the chicken and mix it well. Add sour cream and mix lightly. Now keep this to marinate for one hour.
4. String the chicken pieces onto skewers and place them on baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
5. Drizzle the remaining marinade on them and drizzle little oil over the chicken.
6. Now place the tray in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until evenly golden.
7. Transfer the chicken onto the serving plate and serve with coriander chutney.
The writer is Executive Chef, Long Beach Suites, Dhaka.