No matter what, getting ready for Pohela Boishakh can be a hassle for many of us. The heat, humidity, and the weather overall can ruin our look, no matter how many hours we may have put into getting ready.
To ease your pain, Avenue t
has sat with the renowned makeup artist Aneeka Bushra, the owner of Splendor by Aneeka Bushra, to help us with a few Boishakh makeover ideas and give us tips on how to keep your makeup fresh throughout the day.
This Boishakh, keep these tricks up your sleeve when you’re going for the perfect daytime or night-time look.
Throughout the month of April, the weather will surely be warm. It will be very hot and chances are many of us will sweat like there's no tomorrow while we are out during the day celebrating Boishakh. “For the day, I suggest we go for a simple and light makeup look. A simple eye-shadow with wispy lashes will do the trick. And of course to make your eyes look bigger, you can use nude pencil on your water-line. Other than that, you can use a little bit of mascara and a little touch of highlighter. And for the lips, nudes work best while out in the sun,” Aneeka draws a clear picture.
Transitioning into the night
For night-time makeup, you can do a proper wing-liner and bold red lips. You can use a lot of highlighter. Touch it up with a setting spray.
1) During Boishakh, our skin sweats a lot. What you can do is massage your face with an ice-cube for five minutes before applying your makeup.
2) Want your makeup to last longer? Use a lot of setting spray with your beauty blender when you apply your foundation. And use more setting spray even after your makeup is done.
- Foundation – Fenty Beauty
- Concealer – Tarte Shape Tape
- Powder – RCMA
- Eyebrow – Benefit
- Eye-shadow – Morphe 3502, Tartelette in Bloom
- Lashes – Ardell wispies
- Liner – Maybelline Matte Ink
- Lipstick – Girlfriend by Huda Beauty, Ruby Woo by Mac
- Mascara – Benefit Roller Lash
- Contour – Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
- Highlighter – Ofra Bliss
- Face powder – Mac Studio Fix
- Setting spray – NYX Matte Finish