As a bride-to-be, you may find yourself swamped with hundreds of errands to run without even knowing what you're in for, desperately looking for some direction.
You have a picture in your mind about what you want to wear and how you want to look on your big day, but may have no idea where to get started. Which is where we come in. We have put together a list of quotations and availability of bridal outfits to help you with your initial research.
Tk1,500 --- Takes about 3 to 4 days to make
Tk500 --- 2 to 3 days
Cotton petticoats at Tk1,000, silk at Tk1,500 --- 2 days Ready-made petticoat: Cotton petticoats at Tk500, silk at Tk800 --- 1 day
Mirpur Benaroshi Polli (sari):
Tk20,000 and up
Khan Brothers (sari):
Tk45,000 and up
Budget type: High
Usually 2-3 days for designer wear; 1-2 days for readymade
• Designer-wear includes popular designers such as Kimu Farah, RukhsanaRuni and Sarah Karim. Saris are from Khan Brothers.
• Designers pay more attention to detail.
• They usually offer one or two trials for blouses.
• Boutique studios of designers have comfortable sitting areas.
• Designers are willing to do elaborate work.
• Designer-wear can be expensive.
• You have to place your order months ahead.
• Designers add their own touch.
• You have the option to choose the material.
Budget type: Modest
Usually takes 2 days
• Readymade clothes can be bought from Priyangon Market and Pink City. Sarees can be from BenaroshiPolli.
• They are inexpensive in comparison to designer wear.
• A plethora of options to choose from