It’s plain and simple with this winter style tips list for the office. Some are a bit casual, while others usher in more class than your four-year run at a prestigious university. Get that pen out and start checking these off the list:
1. An autumn corduroy suit that can work at the office and after hours.
2. A solid grey knitted beanie that fits your head comfortably. No sagging though.
3. Proper fitted hoodie that can be easily put on and taken off, wherever you go.
4. To up the ante, make sure there is a versatile grey wool suit that you can pretty much wear anywhere.
5. This can be a huge bonus for the wardrobe, if you’re able to get your hands on a quality peacoat.
6. Autumn suits need proper complimentary knitted ties, cotton or wool. Skip the silk variety when it comes to the office.
7. Cherry-red cardigans that will amp your look up but retain the sophistication of an Ivy League smart-ass.
8. A light and soft roll-neck sweater. The lighter the better.
9. New season doesn’t always have to mean a completely new look. Never forget your “I’m the boss” suit for those really important meetings.
10. Colourful scarves in the shorter and firm styles get the job done for your commute from home to work.
11. One of the more common and classic looks should be a knitted tie with a blue button down dress shirt.
12. Boots. If you can afford them, get a few new pairs.
13. A not-so-standard three-piece suit is sure to be a winner. Get a three-piece suit with a pop of colour or pattern.
14. Coats of all shapes and sizes. But make sure the coat is comfy enough for you to easily slip into while wearing a suit jacket.
15. A beard; trimmed facial hair that looks grownup and ready to battle winter. And for unfortunate reasons why you can’t grow a proper beard, there’s always the lined up 5 o’clock shadow. But of course, if your workplace forbids it, well shame on them. At least you’ll have a professional haircut to boast.