A week ago, on July 17, the number of new deaths worldwide was 5,659 and a week before that on July 10, it was 5,522
The world saw a gradual upward trend in the number of new daily deaths from the coronavirus.
Daily death toll around the world from the coronavirus rose to 6,199 on Friday, taking the total number of deaths to 6,41,885. The number is 110 lower than that of the previous day, which was 6,309.
A week ago, on July 17, the number of new deaths worldwide was 5,659 and a week before that on July 10, it was 5,522.
According to Worldometers, a total of 642,751 individuals have died so far from the coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak as of Saturday, July 25, 2020. There are currently 15,665,350 confirmed cases in 213 countries and regions.
Till now, the number of active cases stands at 5,572,588.
Of the active cases 5,508,519 (99%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 66,247 (1%) have been marked as serious or critical.
At the same time, 9,724,289 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 94% of cases which had an outcome.
The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 642,751 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 6% of cases which had an outcome.
In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into an outbreak.
The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.
Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.