Till now, the number of active cases stands at 4,555,393
The world saw an abrupt rise in the number of global coronavirus daily cases on July 7.
According to Worldometers, a total of 208,087 new coronavirus cases in the world had been recorded on Tuesday on July 7, 2020, taking the total number of Covid-19 cases to 11,942,118.
The number is 36,351 higher than that of the previous day, which was 1,71,736 and again 29,700 higher than the day before, which was 1,78,387.
A week ago, on June 30, the number of new cases worldwide was 1,75,343 and a week before that on June 23, it was 1,64,507.
Till now, the number of active cases stands at 4,555,393.
Of the active cases 4,448,400 (99%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 58,156 (1%) have been marked as serious or critical.
At the same time, 6,902,360 people from across the world have fully recovered from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 93% of cases which had an outcome.
The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 546,721 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 7% of cases which had an outcome.
In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into an outbreak.
The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.
Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.