• Tuesday, Aug 04, 2020
  • Last Update : 02:36 am

Coronavirus: Downward trend in global daily cases

  • Published at 02:45 pm July 7th, 2020
the virus
A thermometer and a sanitising gel are seen outside a classroom during a government-organised media tour at a high school as more students returned to campus following the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Shanghai, China May 7, 2020 Reuters

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 4,555,393

The world saw  a decline in the number of global coronavirus daily cases.

According to Worldometers, a total of 1,71,508 new coronavirus cases in the world had been recorded on Tuesday on July 7, 2020, taking the total number of Covid-19 cases to 11,732,996.

The number is 6,880 lower than that of the previous day, which was 1,78,388 and again 22,831 lower than the day before, which was 1,94,339.

A week ago, on June 29, the number of new cases worldwide was 1,62,047 and a week before that on June 22, it was 1,40,073.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 4,555,393.

Of the active cases 4,407,262 (99%) were identified to be in mild condition, while the rest 57,882 (1%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 6,741,839 people from across the world have fully recovered from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 93% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 540,840 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 7% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into an outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.

blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail