• Thursday, Aug 13, 2020
  • Last Update : 08:42 pm

Coronavirus: Global daily cases increase for 4th day in a row

  • Published at 11:47 am June 26th, 2020
WEB_Covid-19
File photo: Office workers wearing protective face masks walk to head home at sunset amid the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) outbreak, in Tokyo, Japan June 9, 2020 Reuters

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 3,972,917

The world saw an increase in the number of new daily cases from the coronavirus for the fourth consecutive day since June 21.

According to Worldometer, a total of 179,718 new coronavirus cases in the world were recorded on Thursday, taking the total number of Covid-19 cases to 9,702,386.

The number is 6,064 higher than that of the previous day, which was 173,654 and again 15,581 higher than the day before, which was 164,137.

A week ago, on June 18, the number of new cases worldwide was 141,412 and a week before that on June 11, it was 139,165.

According to Worldometer, a total of 491,856 people have died so far from the coronavirus pandemic as of Friday. Currently, there are 9,714,860 confirmed cases across 213 countries and regions.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 3,972,917.

Of the active cases 3,915,526 (99%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 57,391 (1%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 5,250,087 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 91% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 491,856 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 9% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.

54
53
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail