Till now, the number of active cases stands at 3,051,842
The world faced a sudden increase in the number of new daily deaths from the coronavirus since May 30.
Daily death toll around the world from the coronavirus rose to 4,669 on Tuesday, taking the total number of deaths to 381,859. It is 1,616 higher than that of the previous day, which was 3,053.
A week ago, on May 26, the number of new deaths worldwide was 4,050 and a week before that on May 19, it was 4,589.
According to Worldometers, a total of 382,531 people have died so far from the coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak as of June 3, 2020. There are currently 6,045,653 confirmed cases in 213 countries and regions.
Till now, the number of active cases stands at 3,051,842.
Of the active cases 2,948,010 (98%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 54,528 (2%) have been marked as serious or critical.
At the same time, 3,067,681 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 89% of cases which had an outcome.
The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 382,484 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 11% of cases which had an outcome.
In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into an outbreak.
The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.
Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.