• Tuesday, Jul 14, 2020
  • Last Update : 04:38 am

Coronavirus: Global daily deaths fall slightly

  • Published at 12:38 pm May 29th, 2020
File photo: Gravediggers wearing protective suits bury a coffin during the outbreak of the coronavirus, at Vila Formosa cemetery, Brazil's biggest cemetery, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, May 22, 2020 Reuters

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 2,964,571

The world again saw a slight decline in the number of new daily deaths from the coronavirus after a rise.

According to Worldometer, the daily death toll around the world from the coronavirus decreased to 4,612 on Thursday, taking the total number of deaths to 361,549.

The number is 671 lower than that of the previous day, which was 5,283, and 564 higher than the day before, which was 4,048.

A week ago, on May 21, the number of new deaths worldwide was 4,927 and a week before that on May 14, it was 5,355.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 2,964,571.

Of the active cases 2,910,600 (98%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 53,971 (2%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 2,583,004 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 88% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 362,102 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 12% of cases which had an outcome.

Moreover, as many as 5,910,145 people got infected during the Covid-19 pandemic.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.

blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail