Everyone has to strictly follow the 13-point health guidelines circulated by the Health Services Division
The government has made the wearing of face masks mandatory for everyone in offices. The measure will be strictly enforced once work in offices resumes on May 31.
The Ministry of Public Administration issued a gazette notification in this regard on Thursday.
According to the notification, the government has decided to reopen offices on a limited scale from May 31 to June 15. All government and autonomous offices will remain open during this period.
To ensure health safety for employees, wearing masks is a must in all situations outside of home. Everyone also has to strictly follow the 13-point health guidelines circulated by the Health Services Division.
On May 12, the Health Ministry issued 13 directives to be maintained by officials concerned at all ministries and their subordinate offices for ensuring the health safety of officials and employees.
The directives are:
- The Public Works Ministry could be asked to take necessary steps for setting up a necessary number of disinfection tunnels.
- All offices, office premises, and roads must be disinfected before reopening.
- All officials will be allowed to enter offices after temperature checks with thermal scanners/thermometers.
- Vehicles carrying officials should be disinfected and officials must maintain a 3-foot social distance and ensure that they are using masks.
- Surgical masks can be used once while masks made from cloth can be used several times after washing.
- Sanitize hands before boarding vehicles must be ensured on the way to offices several times.
- Maintain social distance while having meals in the office.
- Ensure hand washing after using toilets.
- Ensure physical distance and use of masks at workplaces.
- All have to use masks and hand sanitisers frequently at offices.
- Monitoring should be there to make sure officials are following health guidelines.
- Take steps to display the directives with images on office walls.
- Take steps to keep sick officials either in isolation or quarantine.