• Wednesday, Jul 08, 2020
  • Last Update : 02:58 am

Coronavirus: World records fewest daily deaths in 2 months

  • Published at 02:26 pm May 25th, 2020
Photo: Syed Zakir Hossain/Dhaka Tribune

The number of daily deaths fell 32.4% on Sunday compared to Saturday

Countries around the world have registered lowest daily increases in deaths of Covid-19 since March 25.

The worldwide deaths from the pandemic rose by 2,826 on Sunday, bringing total fatalities since the outbreak came to light on December last year to 346,768.

The number of daily deaths fell 32.4% on Sunday compared to Saturday. This marks a fall of 1,357 compared to the previous day, which saw 4,183 deaths.

The highest daily fatalities so far were reported on April 17, with 8,429 deaths from Covid-19 in a 24-hour period. Sunday’s total deaths were decreased by 66.5% from that day.

A week ago, on May 17, the number of new deaths worldwide was 3,618 and a week before that on May 10, it was 3,508.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 2,852,688.

Of the active case 2,799,477 (98%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 53,211 (2%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 2,303,549 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 87% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 346,768 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 13% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 212 countries and territories around the world.

blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail