• Friday, Oct 22, 2021
  • Last Update : 10:14 am

Coronavirus: Global daily death toll lowest since March 29

  • Published at 01:08 pm April 27th, 2020
Covid-19-death-die-dead
File photo of a Covid-19 deceased being taken for burial Mahmud Hossain Opu/Dhaka Tribune

A total of 3,751 new deaths in the world had been recorded on Sunday, taking the total number of Covid-19 cases to 207,000

Deaths from the Covid-19 epidemic in the world rose by 3,751 on Sunday, the smallest daily tally since March 29.

Sunday’s death toll was sharply down from 6,069 on Saturday, to mark the third daily fall in succession.

The number of deaths fell by 38.2% on Sunday compared to the previous day. The numbers are 2,318 lower than that of the previous day.

According to worldometers, a total of 3,751 new deaths in the world had been recorded on Sunday, taking the total number of Covid-19 cases to 207,000.

Sunday’s cases decreased by 55% from April 17, which were a record highest 8,341.

A week ago, on April 19, the number of new cases worldwide was 4,992 and a week before that on April 12, it was 5,616.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 1,909,071.

Of the active cases 1,851,468 (97%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 57,603 (3%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 878,972 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 81% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 207,000 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 19% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.


52
Facebook 51
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail