• Saturday, May 30, 2020
  • Last Update : 03:55 pm

Coronavirus: New deaths increases again after a fall

  • Published at 10:30 am April 10th, 2020
WEB_Spain_Coronavirus
Carolina Navarro's son touches the headstone of his parents' niche with a protective glove after the burial of his mother, during the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) outbreak, at a cemetery in Madrid, Spain, April 7, 2020 Reuters

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 1,151,342

A total of 7,234 new coronavirus deaths in the world had been recorded on Thursday, taking the total number of deaths across the world to 95,722, a significant rise on the 6,414 fatalities recorded on Wednesday.

The number is 820 higher than that of the previous day.

Thursday’s total deaths were decreased by only 2% from Tuesday, which were a record highest 7,383, according to Worldometers.

A week ago, on April 2, the number of new deaths worldwide was 5,979 and a week before that on March 26, it was 2,791.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 1,151,342.

Of the active case 1,102,215 (96%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 49,127 (4%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 356,655 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 79% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has infected 1,603,719 people since its discovery in December 2019.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 209 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances.

54
52
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail