• Monday, May 25, 2020
  • Last Update : 08:21 pm

Coronavirus: Daily new deaths hit new high of 7,382, UK records highest toll

  • Published at 10:40 am April 8th, 2020
New York-coronavirus
File Photo: Bodies are moved to a refrigeration truck serving as a temporary morgue at Wyckoff Hospital in the Borough of Brooklyn on April 6 in New York AFP

The number is 2,155 higher than that of the previous day

Despite countries enforcing lockdowns and other measures to stop the ongoing novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the world has witnessed an upward trend of new deaths from the deadly infection.

According to Worldometers, 7,382 new coronavirus deaths were recorded on Tuesday, highest till date, taking the total number of deaths from Covid-19 across the world to 82,080.

The number is 2,155 higher than that of the previous day, which was 5,227.

A week ago, on March 31, the number of new deaths worldwide was 4,535 and a week before that on March 24, it was 2,381.

The UK has experienced its highest daily number of recorded coronavirus deaths, 854, a figure beginning to approach the toll on the deadliest days so far in Italy and Spain.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 1,047,476.

Of the active cases 999,582 (95%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 47,894 (5%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 302,150 (80%) people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment.

The Covid-19 pandemic has infected 1,431,706 people since its discovery in December 2019.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 209 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances -- the Diamond Princess cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan, and the Holland America's MS Zaandam cruise ship.

54
53
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail