• Tuesday, Jun 02, 2020
  • Last Update : 12:32 am

Coronavirus: New cases declines for 2nd day in a row

  • Published at 12:07 pm April 6th, 2020
Web_Coronavirus_Covid-19_Bigstock
Bigstock

The numbers are 13,403 lower than that of the previous day

Glimmers of hope are being seen worldwide as the number of new coronavirus cases continues to decline.

According to Worldometers, a total of 71,418 new coronavirus cases in the world had been recorded on Sunday, taking the total number of Covid-19 cases to 1,273,810.

The numbers are 13,403 lower than that of the previous day, which were 84,821.

Sunday’s total cases were decreased 29.7% from April 3, which were a record highest 101,566.

A week ago, on March 29, the number of new cases worldwide was 60,263 and a week before that on March 22, it was 32,480.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 939,898.

Of the active case 894,307 (95%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 45,591 (5%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 264,833 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 79% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 69,468 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 21% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 206 countries and territories around the world.

58
57
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail